There are plenty of things to do to prepare your Anna Maria Island home for sale. We all have too little time and too much to do so it is more critical than ever to pick your poison when deciding what can be done to help with a quick sale of your Anna Maria property.
Of course choosing a great local office on the island is important as well as a sales person that is going to market your property appropriately. I can’t tell you how many listings I see with just one picture let alone a virtual tour. When you search for a property to have a high interest in one picture marketed properties or those with lots of pictures and a virtual tour? Sorry, time to get off my soap box.
Click here to help choose the perfect sales professional for you….following are the top 5 things you can do to prepare your home for a quick sale.
- Clean and de-clutter – remove personal items, take items off your kitchen counters. Let the potential buyer see the kitchen in the most positive light. Clean an organize closets. If need be remove items and get them out of the home.
- Curb appeal – pull weeds, lay down new mulch, trim bushes, trees and be sure your lawn remains cut. Plant some seasonal flowers in pots and pay close attention to the main entry area to be sure that is clean and presents well. If there are nicks in the front door, paint it!
- Let the light in – clean the windows inside and out. Be sure to have your blinds UP and your curtains pulled. If there are dark rooms in the home add lamps or permanent lighting. Be sure anything blocking windows is providing maximum decorations and if not pull them back. Be sure all your window treatments are clean and show well.
- Clean carpeting – smoke or pet smell will immediately turn off the most interested buyers. Have your carpets professionally cleaned if there are wear patterns. Worse yet, if your carpeting or upholstery is holding a pet smell or smoke smell it needs to be extracted. If the smoke smell or pet smell cannot be extracted then I suggest removing the item and replacing it.
- Stage your property – Move your furniture to de-clutter and optimize the look of your property. Pictures are inexpensive and if you have few decorations focus on the area seen just as a potential buyer walks through the front door. First impressions are the most important if you have limited funds to spend on decor.